I having chest pain on my right side . My heart will beat very fast for 1 or 2. Min. Then slow down . Some time longer and some days it will do this all day . But today i having pain on my right side it has come and gone most the day last for 10 min or s

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Chest

Chest pain and palpitations (rapid heart rate) are definitely things to be concerned about.
You may be dealing with a heart arrythmia (irregular rhythm), thyroid disorder, anxiety or panic disorder etc. The pain is worrisome because it could be a sign of cardiac ischemia, which means you are not getting enough oxygen to your heart. On the other hand, it could be something as simple as muscle pain. Regardless, the only way to find out is by having a complete medical evaluation by your primary care provider. Lastly, if the pain becomes intense, and/or you experience shortness of breath and your heart racing, present to the er. All the best.

In brief: Chest

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine