My blood chemistry results showed my "glucose" as "invalid due to glycolysis" with a "l" only.Whatdoesthismeanwithoutanynumbers? I am a male;66years old;165lbs. The blood and urine test was needed for an application for a life insurance policy requirement

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Glycolysis

Glycolysis is the breakdown of glucose (blood sugar).
All it means is that the glucose level from the test is inaccurate because the glucose had broken down - possibly from sitting around too long, or improper storage of the blood or urine sample. Therefore, reporting the number given from the test is useless since the test is known to be inaccurate. If you are healthy and passed the test, don't worry about it - it is just a lab error.

In brief: Glycolysis

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. William Forsythe