I recently lost my virginity but I have some unexpected bleeding 2 weeks after, why? I am 18, i lost my virginity a week and a half ago (the 17th) and had bleeding for 4 to 5 days afterwards. But now I am bleeding again and i don't know why, i finished my

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Most

Most likely, your bleeding may be due to the friction of sex causing irritation to your cervix.
This can cause some bleeding after sex - even in non-virgins. Unless you are bleeding profusely, have a fever or are in severe pain, a trip to the emergency room is not necessarily needed. There are many other causes for vaginal bleeding not related to your period such as: - iud or Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) use - stopping or starting birth control pills containing estrogen - stress - hormone problems such as with the thyroid - injury/trauma of the vagina from intercourse or a sexually transmitted disease - uterine fibroids or polyps - cervical injury, infection or rarely, cancer - pregnancy (implantation bleeding) - using a condom is great, but not 100% if you are concerned about your bleeding or if it continues, give your doctor a call. If you plan on continuing to have sex, you may also want to discuss other forms of birth control or back-up methods with your doctor.

In brief: Most

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Peter Kurzweil