28/f, possible heart attack? I've been having palpitations and intermittent rapid heart rate (150-160 resting bpm, lasting 1-3 hours) for a couple of months. Last week as i was getting dressed i suddenly felt dizzy and nauseated, and felt a weight on my s

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: WPW syndrome?

It sound like you have a cardiac arrhymia known as wolff-parkingson-white syndrome.
See a cardiologist. He will want to run tests before putting you on medication.

In brief: WPW syndrome?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Steven Guyton
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: The

The symptoms you experienced are very like a heart attack, and certainly could have been.
Similar symptoms can occur with episodes of rapid heart rhythms. With your heart beating so fast, it is working very hard and can't get enough oxygen even with normal circulation. This lack of oxygen causes symptoms and can lead to heart damage. Best to get this checked out by your doctor.

In brief: The

Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. Steven Guyton
Dr. Marsha Davis