Is it negligence if a surgeon cuts the iliac artery during laparoscopic cholecystectomy? Surgeon ended up doing an open cholecystectomy. Patient is now having issues.

In brief: Accidental

Known complication of laparoscopic surgery.
There are several kinds of issues, and she should follow with a vascular surgeon if the findings are vascular. The general, surgeon has knowledge and interest in her full recovery.

In brief: Accidental

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I am sorry that there was a problem during the surgery.
The question states that the patient is having issues; if the patient is having pain, vomiting, fever, yellowing of the skin, or wound issues then they need to be seen immediately. Complications can occur after cholecystectomy and must be taken very seriously.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery