How many days after intercourse can a pregnancy test be accurate? I am wondering how many days after intercourse i can take a pregnancy test. My periods are highly irregular so waiting to miss one really doesn't give me any answers.The last 4-5 days i hav

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It would be reasonable to take a pregnancy test now based on your symptoms.
It does make it hard when you have very irregular periods as you note. If your test is negative, but you still don't get your period, wait two days then re-take the test. If it is still negative you could see your doctor and possibly get a blood pregnancy test, which is more accurate. In general, the pregnancy test can become positive 10 days after pregnancy though every womans hormone level of pregnancy (HCG) can be a little different at different stages of the pregnancy.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham