Is it safe to wear magnetic bracelets after heart bypass?

Dr. Jonathan Nwiloh
Surgery - Thoracic
It should be okay for the vast majority of patients.
Few patients have had CABG with distal and proximal anastomotic magnetic connectors and I am not sure if a magnetic bracelet will have any influence.

Dr. Jonathan Nwiloh
Dr. Jonathan Nwiloh
In brief: No effect on bypass
Coronary artery bypass surgery attaches a separate blood vessel to the blocked coronary artery, at a point beyond the blockage, to resume blood flow to the the heart muscle.
Magnetic bracelets should not affect bypass surgery. If there is not an electrical medical device that might be altered by having magnets nearby, then the bracelets should continue to have no noticeable effect on one's body.

In brief: No effect on bypass
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery