Where is the incision made in breast implant removal? Where on the breasts does a surgeon make the incisions for breast implant removal? .

The same site. Most surgeons try to avoid creating an additional scar on the breast if possible. The periareolar incision, if done correctly, heals consistently well, provides excellent exposure for any correction needed, and can be incorporated into any future surgical incisions, such as a lift. As such, it is my personal first choice in initial breast surgeries.
In. In most cases, the same incision will be used.
? ruptured implant. Intact implants are usually removed through the previous scar. Ruptured silicone implants may require longer incisions. Incisions are modified if the breast tissue needs recontouring with or without a new implant being placed.
Same spot. Generally all repeat breast surgery is done through the previous scar to avoid creating new ones on the breast. The exception to this is if you had your implants placed through the belly button. An incision would have to be made under the breast, around the areola or in the axilla to replace an implant inserted through the umbilicus.
Same Incision. In the vast majority of cases breast implants are removed through the same incision line that was initially used for the breast augmentation procedure. Occasionally, when additional work is being performed (such as removal of capsule tissue), a different approach may be helpful (depending on where the initial incision line was placed). Sometimes, patient preference may play a role.
In. In most instances the incision used to place the implant will be the one used to remove the implant. However, in some instances such as transaxillary placement of a large silicone implant which has subsequently ruptured necessitating capsulectomy and removal of extracapsular silicone would be more easily performed via an inframammary crease (breast fold) incision.