When was the first use of high blood pressure medication? We want to know the origin of successful medications being used for high blood pressure.

Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: First BP meds

The earliest ways to treat high blood pressure include a low sodium and high potassium diet however people tend not to like to use diet and medications were developed.
Some of the first were sympathetic blockers developed in the 1950s. Then came Aldomet, guanethidine and apresoljne and spironolactone in 60s. As well as diuretics. Specialize in this and happy to help.

In brief: First BP meds

Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Here

Here is a really cool article about the history of hypertension (high blood pressure) and its treatments.
I linked to it below.

In brief: Here

I linked to it below.
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Steven Seres