I have pneumonia and I have deep red circles around my eyes-is the discoloration connected to the pneumonia? I have had much stress, admit my diet is not good, now have a terrible cough, no fever today, and taking doxycicllin.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: When

When a patient is dehydrated or ill, causing pallor, there can appear to be deep circles around the eyes.
This is from change in the skin hydration (turgor), or by the pallor making the area around the eyes darker. I am glad that you are on antibiotics. If you get any rash, cannot take fluids, are vomiting, fever, or shortness of breath then you should be evaluated in the emergency department.

In brief: When

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav