I have pain in my right lower back after walking for about 15 minutes. Oct. 2010 i had an incident where i bled out and all my systems shut down. Could this be kidney related?

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: This

This does need to be evaluated based on your past medical history.
It could be musculoskeletal pain. Try to note if the pain radiates down your leg when you get it. Because of your history of kidney problems, you should be tested for infection or blood in your urine. Please see your doctor, share your past medical history, and schedule a complete evaluation.

In brief: This

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Sorry

Sorry to hear about your pain.
There are many causes of back pain including pain originating from bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and capsules, spinal cord and nerves, or other organ systems. Kidney problems can be a source of back pain. Since the back pain is related to walking it is more likely related to spine. I would recommend seeing your primary care doctor. If the pain is spine related physical therapy is usually the best initial treatment. People who fail physical therapy may benefit from treatment from spine doctor or spine surgeon. Good luck!

In brief: Sorry

Sorry to hear about your pain.
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. William Forsythe