Should my husband try chiropractics for sciatica pain relief? My husbands sciatica started acting up approx 2 weeks ago. He has been to the ER and they gave him a 7 day regiment of steroids, 15 vicodin and a shot of tramdol (?)...Well his pain is worse to

Sciatica. Sciatica is a neuropathic pain due to nerve compression. If your husband has been seen at er and symptoms are not improved with steroid, vicodin, toradol, i recommend you see a pain specialist for evaluation. The chiropractic therapy is good for adjustment or soft tissue treatment.
The . The best case scenario is for your husband to be evaluated by a orthopedic doctor. Since you have no insurance this will be very expensive. Your local county hospital should have free to lost cost clinics that can see your husband and make referrals to specialists and order imaging studies like x-rays. A chiropractor may help but likely due to your husbands history they will want to see recent x-rays or possibly even order additional studies, which will also be expensive. In addition, the fact that he needs his hip replaced means he has severe arthritis in that hip, which will likely mean they may not feel comfortable treating him. A consultation may be beneficial in order to find out if they are able to help him. All the best.
Pinched Nerve/Muscle. Most times back pain that is sudden onset will resolve. He should use anti-inflammatory meds like ibuprofen, aleve around the clock and even tylenol (acetaminophen) to help. If this does not resolve he should see his doctor for other options as well. If it still does not resolve, i would recommend him to see a spine specialist for a full evaluation and testing. He may need to get an MRI to see inside.