Is it necessary for me to see an infectious disease specialist after having lung surgery for histoplasmosis?

Yes. Most of the time histoplasmosis is self limited (meaning it will go away on its own). If you have underlying lung disease or are on immunesuppressants (organ transplant patient, rheumatoid arthritis patient, etc) it may be necessary to take an antifungal called itraconazole (sporonox) for a period of time (usually 30-90 days). A consult with an id specialist is very reasonable.
Good Idea. It would be a good idea to see an infectious disease specialist to determine if you have residual pulmonary histoplasmosis that needs medical treatment and to be sure the disease has not spread outside the lungs.
Was it active? If you had an old histoplasmosis granuloma removed, and it was inactive, you probably need nothing more than follow-up by your personal physician. If you had biopsy to confirm active histoplasmosis, then you have probably been evaluated by a few specialists already.
It depends. Most commonly the infection happened in the past and there is no role for active treatments. However, if surgery was done for diagnosis of acute or subacute histoplasmosis, then anti fungal therapy is warranted and you should see an infectious disease specialist.