For several years I have been experiencing severe constipation and I have tried miralax, docusate, magnesium citrate, senna, sup for several years I have been experiencing severe constipation and I have tried miralax, docusate, magnesium citrate, senna, s

The best. The best meds for constipation are cheap: proper diet and proper fluid intake. Eat a high fiber diet and you don't need fiber supplements. Drink 80 - 100 ounces of non alcoholic, non caffeniated fluids every day. You must break bad habits if you want any relief. There is no magic pill that can replace a helathy lifestyle! Senna cascara ios not good long term and causes melanosis coli which stains.
I. I am sorry that you are going through this. You need to see a gastroenterologist and have a complete evaluation. You may need a colonoscopy or a transit-time study to evaluate your intestinal tract. There are multiple causes of constipation. I am assuming you are on a high fiber diet, walking as much as you can (preferably 2-3 miles a day), and are drinking plenty of fluids every day. Check to see if any of your medications cause constipation (any narcotics or psychiatric medications cause constipation). But you do need a complete GI evaluation. If you develop pain, fever, or vomiting then you will have to go to the er.