Burning I have burning when I uninate or when I hold urine. I also burn when I am sitting up right, why is this? I have been checked for a uti, and any major std, what is it and how can it be treated?

The . The two most common reasons for a woman to have painful urination is from either a urinary tract infection or from urethritis due to a sexually transmitted disease such as chlamydia or gonorrhea. I'm glad that you have been checked for these! other reasons for painful urination include changes in the vaginal tissue from menopause, irritation of the vaginal tissue from bubble baths, perfumes, or lotions, or vulvovaginitis from a non- std infection such as a yeast infection. If you are not improving or are worsening, give your ob/gyne doctor a call for a thorough evaluation. In the meantime, sitz baths with a couple tablespoons of baking soda in the water can provide some relief. Good luck!