My teeth has been hurting, i been trying to eat with the pain, but its been really hurting, what I do is chew on the side of my my teeth has been hurting, i been trying to eat with the pain, but its been really hurting, what I do is chew on the side of my

In brief: Over

Over the counter meds will only get you so far. Often pain upon chewing is due to a tooth with a dying or dead nerve.
These teeth can have infections at the tip of the root creating an abcess that has both local and systemic implications. If this is indeed the case it can and should be treated immediately by a dentist. The answer is often removal of the dead or dying nerve (root canal) if you can afford it, and extraction if you can't. An x-ray will almost always reveal the problem, and antibiotics (of a broad spectrum) like Amoxicillin penecillin or Erythromycin is given immdeiatly. You may temporarily relieve the pain, but not the real problem allowing pain and or infection to return at a later (possibly more inconvenient ) time. You need to get it addressed by a professional pronto. Good luck.

In brief: Over

Dr. Charles Davidowitz
Dr. Charles Davidowitz
Dr. Tracy Rossi-Reinhart
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: The

The stongest over the counter medication that works best for tooth pain is a nsai - such as Motrin or advil (ibuprofen).
You could take 2-3 pills (200mg each) every 6 hours. This medication is not for long term use and can be taxing to your liver. Pain is a the way our body tells us something.... In this case your body is telling you to seek dental care. A dental school is a good choice for patients without out dental insurance. Most has emergency care and would be able to find the source of the pain and provide treatment for a nominal fee.

In brief: The

Dr. Tracy Rossi-Reinhart
Dr. Tracy Rossi-Reinhart

In brief: There

There are a number of otc pain relief medications that will help you temporarily until you can seek dental care.
Use one that you have taken before for a headache. The pain meds will not solve your dental problems, and if left alone, the problems will progressively get worse. In the end, you will still need to see a dentist. Columbia university and new york university have dental schools close to you. They may be able to treat your problems and provide services at reduced fees.

In brief: There

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry

In brief: Over

Over the counter medication will only help you for the time you are taking it, and i dont recommend you taking it for an extended period.
Are there free clinics in your area, or dental schools where you can get treatment at a reduced cost?

In brief: Over

Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Adam Smith