Is bladder cancer spreads to the lymph nodes in my chest, do I need to see a urologist or a thoracic surgeon?

In brief: Metastatic bladder

You need to see a medical oncologist to plan your care.
Is the lung mets proven to be bladder ca ? Have you had chemo ? Did you have your bladder removed. Medical oncology is your first stop.

In brief: Metastatic bladder

Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Richard Sarle
Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Depends

You may need a thoracic surgeon to do biopsies to confirm the diagnosis or possibly remove the metastasis .
.. But the urologist may be the one to treat you with chemotherapy or other medical therapy, unless they prefer that you be treated by a medical oncologist.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza

In brief: Urologist

The physician who is going to oversee your bladder cancer treatment is the urologist.
There really is no role for a thoracic surgeon since these masses are not removed surgically. The mainstay of treatment at this point is chemotherapy and not surgical.

In brief: Urologist

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi