Including surgery, chemo, and radiation, how long does the treatment for lung cancer usually last?

Does last mean... 1. Time to do; or 2. Durability? All 3 have been used, but the thoughtful people leading lung cancer treatment have not proven its value. If you have stage iiia at presentation (+ n2 node), surgery offers nothing if the n2 node persists or disease grows. If n2 goes, sme suggest lobectomy is better, but most agree that pneumonectomy confirs survival hazard.
6-8 months. Usually stage 2 or 3 lung cancer patients can be treated with surgery followed by chemotherapy and radiation. In this case, surgery and recovery takes 1.5- 2 months. Chemotherapy is given over 3-4 months and radiation is given over 1.5 months usually. Most patients need 3-4 weeks to recoverfrom the side effects at the very least.