What could be causing my urination problems? Over the past 3 days I've been getting frequent very strong urges to urinate. Sometimes it burns a little bit. The last 2 nights I wet the bed in my sleep and today I wet my pants on my way home from work. I'm

You . You need to be seen immediately and evaluated for an infection if you have not already done so. This is not a problem to be embarrassed about and is not uncommon. You most likely have a urinary tract infection or urethritis. Not treating an infection can lead to serious problems. Please be seen immediately by your doctor. If you have pain, fever, or vomiting then go to the er.
The . The first thing that must be ruled out is a urinary tract infection. Infections irritate the bladder wall and trigger urinary urgency and frequency. Your doctor can perform a urinalysis in his/her office to see if an infection is causing your symptoms. Other potential causes of urinary urgency and incontinence include detrusor instability (overactivity of the muscle that makes your bladder contract), interstitial cystitis, bladder stones, prostate enlargement, neurologic diseases, and bladder cancer (your age argues against prostate enlargement or cancer, but they should be considered in your evaluation). I've attached a link that provides more information about urinary urge incontinence. I would strongly recommend that you see your doctor or a urologist for an evaluation. I hope things work out well for you! http://www.Nlm.Nih.Gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001270.Htm.