I've had transverse myelitis for 3 years pos ANA 3 years ago now new labs ANA ifa 160 evelevated CRP anti DNA neg red painful swollen joints in hands and feet

Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: I'm

I'm sorry you don't feel well.
As you probably know, antinuclear antibodies (ANA) are produced in a number of autoimmune diseases, including lupus (about 85% of cases), scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, and sjogren's syndrome. Anti-dsdna is a test that is specific for lupus. C-reactive protein (CRP) is a nonspecific indicator of inflammation and can be elevated in a variety of situations. Transverse myelitis can occur in a number of autoimmune disorders, including lupus, sarcoidosis, and sjogren's syndrome. Your clinical picture is highly suggestive of an autoimmune disease, and you should be seeing a rheumatologist if you're not already doing so. Your condition requires a specific diagnosis so the appropriate treatment can be instituted. I hope things go well for you.

In brief: I'm

I'm sorry you don't feel well.
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Gary Sterba
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: It

It seems that a rheumatologist shuld evaluate you and define how much of your symptoms might be related to lupus or a similar autoimmune disease , define the diagnosis and start with the treatment if the criteria and the clinical picture are consistent with the diagnosis.

In brief: It

Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Umesh Patel