Is my bruising, burning/stinging at injection site normal-am I doing something wrong? Lupus anticoagulant antibody disorder-history of DVT and pe's.43 yrs old. Have been on new subq enoxaparin-100mg/ml twice daily for 3 days. Pain lasts at least an hour, ha

I . I am very concerned about your symptoms. Please call your hematologist immediately and discuss these symptoms. They could represent an unusual reaction or could represent that you are over-anticoagulated. Please call immediately. If you develop any shortness of breath, bleeding, or new symptoms then please be seen in the er.
LMWH. You should be on treatment doses of Lovenox (enoxaparin) at 1mg/kg SQ twice daily if you have suffered a recent DVT and have lupus anticoagulants and use Lovenox (enoxaparin) as a bridge to warfarin. It is normal to feel injection site pain with treatment doses of Lovenox (enoxaparin). I instruct my patients to give "Lovenox (enoxaparin) in the love handles" and alternate sides , in addition to putting ice at the site for 5 min before injecting.