Is radiesse a good choice for under my eyes? I'm thinking about getting filler under my eyes. I'm considering radiesse because it can last a long time. I've read that it can last longest in areas that you don't move a lot. So it would be great for under m

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: When

When treating the lower eyelids the hyaluronic acid fillers (e.
g. Restylane) are preferred. This is due to the thinner nature of the product which works better with the thin skin in the area.

In brief: When

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. David Levens
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not

Not the first choice for the under eyelid "suborbital" region.
Better options are the hyaluronic acid "ha" fillers such as Restylane (dermal fillers) and juvederm which are thinner and better for thin skin/superficial areas such as the eyelids.

In brief: Not

Dr. David Levens
Dr. David Levens
Dr. Richard Fleming
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: My

My advice would be to never use Radiesse at the lower eyelid margin because that skin is thin.
I recommend that Restylane (dermal fillers) be injected rather than juvederm because juvederm is hydrophilic, meaning it is more likely to absorb water from the surrounding tissue which may cause prolonged swelling after injection.

In brief: My

Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Richard Fleming