When will i be able to exercise after a mini tummy tuck? I can’t imagine going long without working out. How long after my mini tummy tuck do I have to wait before going back to the gym? .

Dr. Anthony Perkins
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends

The timing of exercise after surgery depends on the actual procedure performed and the postoperative period.
Generally speaking light exercise after 3-4 weeks, any strenous activity should not be for 6 weeks.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Anthony Perkins
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Check with Surgeon.

Your plastic surgeon should be your main resource when it comes to returning to specific activities after tummy tuck surgery.
He/she will know exactly what procedure was performed, how you are progressing and whether or not you have experienced any complications. Generally speaking, i ask patients to wait at least 4 to 6 weeks before returning to strenuous activity/exercise. Best wishes.

In brief: Check with Surgeon.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Six weeks

You can gradually increase your activity after three weeks, go for walks.
Then go gently on a treadmill at four weeks and back to jogging at 6 weeks.

In brief: Six weeks

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I am conservative, i allow my patients to do some tread mill from four weeks.
But, i ask them to wait for eight weeks for weights and strenuous exercises.

In brief: I

Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: My

My general rule is to allow patients to walk on a treamill at a speed that is equal to the weeks of recovery i.
E, week 1 = 1 mph, week 2 = 2 mph, week 3 = 3 mph...

In brief: My

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery