I need to see a dentist badly but my fear is very strong about where can I find a dentist that does IV dentistry for DSHS patients? I had a very bad experience at the dentist 2 years ago. I am on DSHS TANF. I need to go badly as my fillings are breaking a

Dr. April Ziegele
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Call your state

Every state has a list of dentists that both take dshs and are IV sedation certified.
Call and ask them for someone that can help.

In brief: Call your state

Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. April Ziegele
Dr. LynAnn Mastaj
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: You

You should not let your fear of dentistry and bad experience prevent you from seeking treatment as soon as possible.
I did a general practice residency at york hospital in york pa. I was trained in IV sedation and many of our patients had dshs. I would recommend seeking a similar hospital based dental program. In seattle, washington at the swedish medical center has a similar gpr program. Dr. Bart johnson runs the special care dentistry department. In addition to accepting dshs they also have financing available. Good luck.

In brief: You

Dr. LynAnn Mastaj
Dr. LynAnn Mastaj
Dr. Neil McLeod
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: These

These types of questions are always hard to answer. Our hearts go out to folks who need care and are unable for a host of reasons to avail themselves of quality treatment.
Clearly you need good dental care now, and that is something that is not frequently available in any large measure unless the cost of treatment is paid for. Temporary assistance for needy families (tanf) provides temporary cash and medical help for families in need. Some families participate in the workfirst program. The workfirst program helps participants find and keep jobs. The department of social and health services (dshs), washington state, may be able to help also, but you have to contact them and state your case. Now to address your question. You are making life more difficult for yourself by thinking that being put to sleep to have dental care is going to solve your problems. It isn’t! when a patient is sedated the most critical aspect of treatment is keeping the patient alive, not the quality of care, and while it is possible to for both to be addressed, my experience over the last thirty six years is that frequently less than the finest care is achieved under these circumstances. In short you are doing yourself a disservice but making intravenous sedation a part of your means of attaining treatment. The truth is that we have treated many very difficult situations for extremely fearful patients, and we have done so successfully without using I.V. There are some very fine dentists in seattle, one that comes to mind is my colleague dr george goll. I suggest that you contact one of them and explain your situation and ask for their help. Then make a start and get your dental treatment going. In the mean time brush and floss every day and use a mouth rinse if you can to slow down any gum disease. Good luck! dr neil mcleod dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.

In brief: These

Dr. Neil McLeod
Dr. Neil McLeod
Dr. Jack Hinkle