I have pain with intercourse, and my appointment is not until march 12. Im worried something is wrong. Im 24, its a sharp pain on the left side when he goes in deep. My period is a few days late so im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: The

The first thing you should do is take an early prediction pregnancy test with your first morning urine.
If it is positive then you need to see a doctor before march 12 because you may be dealing with an ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy growing in a fallopian tube). This is a dangerous situation that if present would need to be taken care of right away. On the other hand, you may be dealing with an ovarian cyst, which usually resolves in a short period of time. If sex is painful at present then you probably should abstain until you figure out what is going on. All the best to you.

In brief: The

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Vikram Patel