Ear keeps stopping up. Have been perscribed antibiotics twice and only works till their gone. It feels like when you go up in the mountains and your ear stops up

In brief: Hello.

Hello. Your ears can stop up and /or be painful even if you do not have a middle ear infection.
Congestion can put pressure on the eustacian tubes (they drain the ears internally) so that they become occluded. Fluid can build up in your middle ears and you can develop pressure. I recommend that you talk to your doctor about ways to open your eustacian tubes up. In the meantime, hydrate well, consider drinking hot (don't get burned) herbal teas to humidify and consider a decongestant. Your doctor might recommend afrin nasal spray - but remember if can only be used for several days max.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Jack Hinkle