Dlpa supplement interaction I would like to ask a question and I intend to consult with my psychiatrist first but would like a second opinion. I am on lamictal, paxil, lithium and Adderall for ADHD and a bipolarii. My mood disorder isn't my biggest burden

Hello, . Hello, there seems to be variable input on this issue. Phenylalanine is an essential Amino Acid which is converted into tyrosine. Tyrosine is then used to produce Dopamine and norepinephrine. Of course, both of these neurotransmitters are impacted by a number of psychotropic medications. Dpla is contraindicated with monoamine oxidase inhibitors and reportedly should not be used with atypical antipsychotics. The majority of sites recommended that d.L. Phenylalanine not be used concurrently with standard antidepressant medications. Several sites recommended that dlpa not be used with Paxil (paroxetine) or with stimulants. Use of dlpa can be associated with insomnia, headaches and increased blood pressure due to overstimulation of the central nervous system. I could not find any literature that addressed using dlpa with lithium. It should be noted that the fda does not regulate supplements and that dosages of the active ingredients are often not standardized.
No contraindications. The only contraindications would be if you cannot take aspertame. Otherwise it is fine and has been studied at many universities including the university of chicago.