Snoring of my 10 years old? My son stays with me 4 days every 2 weeks (we're divorced) and my ex claims he has a "chronic snoring problem) however he never snores while at my place! what could be the cause? Where do we start?

Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Snoring

It is possible that your son is allergic to something @ your ex-husbands home.
Have him examined by an allergist/ent.

In brief: Snoring

Have him examined by an allergist/ent.
Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dr. Mark Birnbach
Dr. Sanober Butt
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: In

In children enlarged tonsils and or adenoids can cause snoring besides obesity.
You need to discuss the issue with his pediatrician and may need a referral to ent/sleep physician depending on pcp judgement.

In brief: In

Dr. Sanober Butt
Dr. Sanober Butt
Dr. LynAnn Mastaj
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Snoring

Snoring in a child even occasionally can indicate sleep apnea, allergies, nasal congestion, enlarged tonsils and adnoids or poor sleeping position.
First sleep apnea is an obstrustion of the airway when the jaws is relaxed and falls open. Breathing becomes labored and snoring results. Go to your peditrician they may suggest a sleep study. Does your husband have pets? Dust? Mold? Allergic reactions can cause an inflamation of the nasal airways, congestion and weezing or snoring. Has your son been diagnosed with enlarged tonsils or adnoids? Seek an ENT consult. Where is your son sleeping is his head positioned correctly? Does he sleep on his back? Try giving him the same pillow in your house that he takes to his dad. If he likes to sleep on his back sew a tennis ball into a pocket on the back of his pj's so he can not roll over onto his back which causes snoring to occure more often. Try to improve his nasal airflow with breathright strips. Finally, see a dentist or orthodontist who practices sleep apnea. They can make him a simple retainer to wear at night to stop snoring.

In brief: Snoring

Dr. LynAnn Mastaj
Dr. LynAnn Mastaj
Dr. Jonathan Jassey