What would cause hip to ankle pain that moves up and down on left leg. Been taking muscle relaxors, no help. Had it exrayed. No help. Went to massuse. Didn, t think it was siattica. Don, t know where to turn next. Any suggestions?

Sciatica. Pain in the distribution as you suggested describes the pattern of the nerve that travels in the leg called the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is not the cause of the pain source, it is the result of an irritated nerve typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist.
You . You really are describing sciatica-type symptoms. Sciatica is the result of compression on a nerve, usually a nerve root coming from the spinal cord, and can produce all sorts of sensations and pain from the hip to the foot. It isn't something that would be visible on an x-ray, and since the cause isn't muscle, taking a muscle relaxant isn't going to help either. I have absolutely nothing against massage therapists (i am going myself for one tomorrow morning and can't wait!), i'm not sure a massage therapist is the best source to diagnose or exclude sciatica. Your primary medical doctor can certainly diagnose this, but orthopedic surgeons are the best at this sort of thing. There are other causes of leg pain, like phlebitis (an inflamed clot in a vein), myositis (inflammation of a muscle), tendinitis (inflammation of a tendon) and even vasculitis (inflammation of the walls of an artery). So rather than give you suggestions on the best treatment for something we really aren't sure it is, i would encourage you to see a doctor, get a proper diagnosis, and then the treatment would be simple. Feel better. Hope this helps!