Why is there a prescription limit on adipex? I was prescribed adipex four months ago. It helped me lose 20 lbs of stress weight I had gained, by suppressing my appetite and giving me energy. I felt good, motivated, no depression, no side effects and it

Phentermine . Phentermine is approved as an appetite suppressant to help reduce weight in obese patients when used short-term and combined with exercise, diet, and behavioral modification. It is used for a limited period of time to speed weight loss in overweight people who are exercising and eating a low-calorie diet. Phentermine is in a class of medications called anorectics and is similar to amphetamines and works by decreasing appetite. Phentermine has the potential to cause psychological dependence. After short term use, tolerance begins and can be followed by rebound weight gain. You should see the physician that prescribed Phentermine to you to start with to see if further treatment would be useful. It is not as strictly controlled as amphetamines, so you may be able to convince your physician that this will be beneficial for you.
Yes U need script. The problem with most meds once you stop you gain the weight back and most times more than before. Get off simple carbs, decrease the amount you eat and take fiber fruits or tabs about 30 min prior to eating. Hope this helps, drugs really dont for long term.