I have tingling on the bottom of my feet what is that? It just started but i did have it before with some sweating in my hands and feet too

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: Tingling

Tingling is typically a sensation related to a nerve.
It can be a symptom of a host of problems including diabetes, a compression of a nerve in the lower back, or even anemia. If it's associated with unusual sweating in the feet, it might be related to an autonomic neuropathy. In general, we have 3 different kinds of nerves in our bodies. Sensory nerves carry impulses from an area to the brain, so you know when someone is touching you, or if something is hot, cold or painful. Motor nerves carry impulses in the opposite direction; from the brain to a muscle. If you want to wiggle your toes, an impulse travels from the brain to a muscle, resulting in motion. The third kind of nerve in the body are autonomic nerves. These nerves control things we don't have control over, like how much your pupils dilate, the rate at which your heart beats, sphincter control, orgasms, "goose bumps, " etc. In the feet and legs, autonomic nerves control the smooth muscle that surrounds arteries, the vessels that carry blood down to our legs. If there is a problem with the autonomic nerves, the arteries can either go into spasm and less blood flows, or they can dilate, causing a rush of blood to an area. I think your first step is to see your general medical doctor and get some basic neurological tests done to your legs and feet, like tendon reflexes, sharp-dull sensation, vibratory sensation, muscle power and other such tests. This would help focus in on your problem. The next step, assuming there were some abnormalities with the neurological tests, is to have an EMG (electromyography) and an ncv (nerve conduction velocities). There could very well be a link between your restless leg syndrome and that tingling you're feeling. Hope this helps. Good luck!

In brief: Tingling

Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox