What is the near constant burning that sits at the back of my throat and down to my stomach and what can I do about it? This burning has been ongoing for several years and has intensified over the last couple years. It feels like boiling water is continu

It. It sounds as though you may be suffering from gastro-esophageal reflux disease (gerd). The most common symptoms of gerd are: - heartburn - sore throat - "lump in the throat" sensation or difficulty swallowing - acidic or sour taste in your mouth - dry cough - hoarseness - regurgitation (wet burps) it makes sense that dairy products such as yogurt or milkshakes would give some relief - milk had antacid properties. It is important to discuss these symptoms with your doctor. There are many antacid and acid blocker medications that can help alleviate your symptoms. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to help: - avoid spicy, acidic, or fatty foods - avoid alcohol and caffeine - stop smoking if you smoke - avoid tight clothing - especially tight belts and pants - eat small meals - do not eat for a few hours before going to bed. Good luck!