If iam on coumidin what can I take for pain? I just found out I have 3 blood clots in my lower right leg and i just started coumedin and these shots ( i can't remember the name) once every 12 hours. I will be having lab work again on saturday...What can

In brief: Most

Tylenol advil even Aspirin cautiously lab is to check inr to control Coumadin (warfarin) dosing six months likely if all goes well.

In brief: Most

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That is a good question because as you know there are many medications you can't take while on coumadin (warfarin).
You cannot take Aspirin or advil (ibuprofen) which you probably know. You can take narcotics or Acetaminophen in most situations. Check with your doctor to be sure but those medications are usually acceptable. Blood clots are very painful and elevating your leg usually helps the most. If you have increased pain or chest pain, or any shortness of breath, you must be seen as an emergency.

In brief: That

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology