Is the mini gastric bypass (no surgery) from roca labs usa any good? I have dieted, exercised, and starved myself i need to lose weight and this seems like it would help.

Dr. Diego Hernandez
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Unfortunately

Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with an answer. This question is best handled by a general surgeon who specializes in bariatric surgery, rather than by a vascular surgeon.
The word "bypass" is usually associated with vascular, and so that is why your question was directed towards me.

In brief: Unfortunately

Dr. Diego Hernandez
Dr. Diego Hernandez
Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: The

The "mini gastric bypass (no surgery)" is a misnomer and not an accurate representation of this product.
Mini gastric bypass or (mgbp) is a relatively untested procedure, where instead of creating a small stomach pouch which is then connected to an separated piece of intestine that is done in the roux-en-y gastric bypass (which is the gold standard for weight loss), the mgbp reduces stomach size and cuts out a step of creating a separated piece of intestine, instead keeping the intestine intact. The risk of this procedure is the development of complications including bile reflux and the risk of an intractable marginal ulcer. Most insurance companies don’t cover mgbp surgery costs as they still consider it an experimental procedure more long-term research is needed to solidify mini gastric bypass surgery’s position as a viable bariatric surgery option. As stated on rocalabs' website: "a dose in the morning limits available stomach space practically forcing you to eat half as much as before" but the disclaimer at the end says: "roca labs is a special formula designed to create a "gastric bypass effect" or "gastric bypass results" without the need for a gastric bypass surgery. Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the fda. ... The use of the term "gastric bypass", and any other similar terminology, is meant only to illustrate the desired effect of the formula which consists of herbs/food supplements". I cannot comment as to the effectiveness of this product, but it is not a gastric bypass in any form.

In brief: The

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery