I have 2 fractures in my spine that tests have confirmed, am i in trouble? I am having to use a cane to help me walk. I currently do not have medical insurance & unfortunately am in a lot of pain & doctor's don't seem to want to help me except that they

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Anesthesiology

In brief: Seek help

You may need a kyphoplasty which is a procedure that alleviates the pain due to fractures of the spine/vertebrae.
But first you need to have an evaluation by either a neurologist or a spine surgeon (neuro or spine surgeon). Find out if there are groups/orgs in your community that help the uninsured.

In brief: Seek help

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: The

The treatment depends on the type of fractures you have.
It sounds like you have probably had an MRI as you have had confirmation of the fractures. If you have "compression" fractures, which is compression of the body (large part) of the vertebrae, these will most often heal on their own, though if patient's have more than 50% compression or very persistent pain, then there is a procedure called vertebroplasty where a cement-like substance is injected into the bone to help the pain and help the fracture. If you have another type of fracture, it would depend on if the bones and spinal cord were stable or unstable. Please get your records and copy of x-ray reports and take them to a clinic and ask their advice. There are doctors who will help you but you may have to be persistent. If you developed weakness, numbness, difficulty walking, or change in bowel or bladder control then you would have to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: The

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Vikram Patel