I don't know what's wrong with me? I've been getting on and off headaches every day several times a day. I've also been having jaw pain and toothaches often. The jaw pain is on both sides of my jaw. I've been feeling a strong pulse not only in my head bu

Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology

In brief: First,

First, you should go to health services and have them check your blood pressure since your pulses seem unusually strong to you.
The other thing you should do is to make an appointment with your dentist. You may be grinding your teeth at night and experiencing temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction. The TMJ is the joint between the mandible (jawbone) and the temporal bone just in front of the ear. The pain would radiate from inflamed tmj's to the temples and the jaws. Your dentist may recommend a bite block to wear at night. You are smart to limit salt and to try to lose weight. Good luck to you.

In brief: First,

Dr. Frances Dyro
Dr. Frances Dyro
2 comments
Dr. Jonathan Richards
In addition to grinding/clenching, often time undue force on teeth can occur during the day, in a subconscous way. Bad habits if biting on pencils, etc. If your bite is no aligned in a "normal" way, this can also be a problem. In addition to evaluation by a dentist, it sometimes helps to see a massage therapist that can work out "knots" in the large muscles used for chewing.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Please know that Malocclusion is often the primary cause of TMJ dysfunction. Don't be surprised if you Dentist wants you to consult with an Orthodontist.
Dr. Jason Alliger
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Get checked!

A lot of times, bilateral jaw pain, accompanied by headaches, is a sign of myofascial pain, aka TMJ issues.
Clenching and grinding can lead to cracked teeth, tooth aches, ear and jaw pain. Also muscle spasms are common in these patients, leading to tightness when opening and headaches. Get an exam to rule out tooth problems. Sometime a night guard, muscle relaxants for short term can help.

In brief: Get checked!

Dr. Jason Alliger
Dr. Jason Alliger
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: See dentist

Get an exam to rule out tooth problems.

In brief: See dentist

Get an exam to rule out tooth problems.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld

In brief: Could be TMJ

You might be grinding or clenching your teeth.
This can be diagnosed and treated by a dentist. Give your dentist a call for a consult.

In brief: Could be TMJ

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis