Could i possibly have herpes? I went to a clinic for a blood test to see if my body is building antibodies from herpes. A day before that i had started to take cephalexin to treat strep throat (i was diagnosed with it wednesday february 15). I am slightly

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: You

You are right, it could represent an allergic reaction or it could be from herpes.
A type of a severe allergic reaction called stephen johnson syndrome can cause lesions (sores) on your mouth. Please be seen immediately and be evaluated for this. If you are having itching, any shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting, or rash then you need to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: You

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Cindy Juster