Does getting a lung tumor removed affect mood?

Dr. David Cooke
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: It can
It is not uncommon for patients to feel a little down after lung surgery.
It is important to eat, even if you have no appetite, and stay active. Staying active includes walking, deep breathing, and not spending a lot of time sitting or lying in bed.

In brief: It can
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. Eric Toloza
a diagnosis of lung cancer can certainly affect one's mood ... and pain medication (and pain itself) after lung surgery can affect mood.
Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: I do not think so
Mood changes happen with or without lung tumor removed, so that of and by itself, there is no definite correlation .
However, effects of anesthesia or endocrine related type of tumor may be associated with behavioral disorder.

In brief: I do not think so
Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Dr. Marsha Davis