Been diagnosed with facial nerve neuralgia "tic douloureux". I need to see a good neurologist without a god complex. Help? My family doctor recommended george rederich, md and neurologist. He is on vacation until march 28. I cannot live with this pain th

The . The best idea may be to call your local hospital and ask for the neurology floor, and then ask a nurse for a good recommendation. The nurses will usually be very helpful with this as they know the doctors well. You could also ask your doctor for another recommendation. I am sorry you are having to go through this.
Tic douloureux. Tic douloureux or trigeminal neuralgia can be extremely painful. Sorry your doctors haven't been helpful. Have you tried Gabapentin yet? I would ask your primary to prescribe that for you -- somewhere near a dose of 300 mg three times a day should help. The doc may need to adjust the dose upwards as that medicine can be a bit like alcohol with sedation as a side-effect. Try