How do you know if you can wear contacts? I am far sided, near sided and have an astigmatism in both eyes.

Contacts . Contacts are not for everyone and the first thing you need is a complete eye exam. Once that is complete ask the ophthalmologist if contacts are an option for you. I usually put them into the patients eyes to check fit and then the quality of the vision with the lenses. If you have astigmatism you may need a toric lens which is a little more involved in the fitting process. Different lenses may be tried to correct your visual needs in the best way. Do not sleep in the lenses in spite of the fact thay they are approved by the fda for continuous wear, in my experience people that sleep with the lenses on have many more severe eye problems and ulcerations from contac lens abuse. It is impossibe to be farsighted and nearsighted at the same time so you probably have either hyperopia or myopia with astigmatsm. If you need reading glasses this is called presbyopia. Regards.
The . The only way to know is to try th out. Go for a full exam and have an eye doctor help you find the right ones for your eyes.
The . The only way to know if you are a good candidate for contact lenses is to go in for an examination to determine if lenses can correct your eye. Lasik may be a safer option for you. I believe that the life-time risk of blindness is about 1 in 40, 000 while the risk of blindness from lasik is less than 1 in one million. Ask your ophthalmogist if you are a candidate for either and then balance the hassle, risks, and cost of contacts vs. The ease of a 10 minute laser procedure.
You . You can not be both near sided and far sided! you are either one or the other, this is similar to the fact that you are either male or female but not both. Regarding a candidacy for contact lens wear, first you have to be evaluated for the fit. Which requires a visit to an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.