Does COPD always lead to lung cancer?

No. COPD and lung cancer are two totally different things but both are certainly tied to smoking. COPD doesn't lead to lung cancer, but quite often when someone is diagnosed with lung cancer, there is some degree of COPD found.
No. COPD lumps the emphysema and chronic bronchitis as the destructive airway processes assocated with smoking. Those that have COPD have a higher risk of developing lung cancer than those that do not, with smoking issues aside. However, not everyone thathas COPD develops lung cancer; and not every lung cancer patient has or had copd.
No. Many patients with COPD get lung cancer because most of them were smokers. So, the common factor is smoking. Sometimes, people with lung cancer don't have copd, and most patients with COPD dont get lung cancer.
No. But it does increase the risk of lung cancer, both from the history of cigarette smoking, as well as the chronic inflammation from the copd.
Possibly. There is the concept of the scar carcinoma. This is tumor, specifically adenocarcinoma that occurs in parts of the lung that is heavily scarred from copd. The thinking is that a) the same area that is exposed to cigarette smoke is risk factor for lung cancer, and b) the chornic inflammation in the COPD produces factors that predispose to lung cancer.
No... COPD and lung cancer are 2 separate diseases but they have a common risk factor: smoking. Smoking cessation will decrease your risk for these diseases and your doctor can help with quitting, if needed.