I'm expieriencing vaginal bleeding after sex. But i'm not on or starting my period, what would be the cause? It's kinda pink not blood but looking like blood

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There are a few reasons why you could be bleeding after intercourse.
The first would be an infectious process. Often times yeast, bacteria, and even std's can cause inflammation of the vaginal mucosa (tissue) and when manipulated (during sex) the tissue can bleed. Another possibility is a lesion (i.E cervical or uterine polyps); cervical dysplasia (precancerous cells of the cervix) or even endometriris (inflammation of the uterus). As you see there are many possible causes here. You should see your family doctor or gynecologist for an evaluation which will likely include a pap smear and std check. Best of luck.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham