How long is the recovery from chin augmentation? How long will I have to take off work and plan to be recovering after chin augmentation? .

Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Chin Augmentation

Give yourself 1-2 weeks of recovery.
I recommend resuming strenuous activities such as exercise 4 weeks following surgery. Please follow the instructions provided by your surgeon.

In brief: Chin Augmentation

Give yourself 1-2 weeks of recovery.
Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Henry Mentz
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Most

Most people take a week or so off after surgery before going back to work.
You'll still have swelling in the area but the soreness should be such that you could return to work (depending on how active your job is). The sutures are removed from the incision line at around the one week point (if the surgery is done via an external approach under your chin).

In brief: Most

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Richard Fleming
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The answer will depend on your profession.
If you're in front of the camera on tv daily your time off work will be longer. In general most patients allow 1 week for swelling to decrease and suture removal (if the graft was placed through the skin). If a patient is not concerned about privacy they can return to work in 2-3 days.

In brief: The

Dr. Richard Fleming
Dr. Richard Fleming