Is chin augmentation reversible? If my chin augmentation turns out poorly, can it be reversed? .

Dr. Brian Arslanian
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes it is

I think the other doctors have made some great points.
One additional thing I would say is to consider a "temporary" chin augmentation. If you are really worried about an implant and the complications, you can have a temporary augmentation using fillers. Many plastic surgeons have been using Juvederm Voluma to augment the chin. It will last 12-24 months and is reversible if you don't like it.

In brief: Yes it is

Dr. Brian Arslanian
Dr. Brian Arslanian
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Chin

Chin implants can be removed.
This is pretty rare to need to do, but it can certainly be done and is usually a straightforward process. Solid silicone (silastic) implants which are the most commonly used come out easily. Some other material types can lead to more tissue in growth which makes removal a little harder, but not impossible. Similarly, if it looks like a larger or smaller implant is needed, you can have a different implant placed instead.

In brief: Chin

Chin implants can be removed.
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Certain

Certain implants such as silicone chin implants can easily be removed through a small incision under local anesthesia if not secured in place with a screw.
Other implants made of porous material or mesh like material may promote tissue ingrowth and are more difficult to remove. Injectable fillers may resorb on their own. Fat injected or ossetia genioplasty are more difficult to reverse. http://www.bodysculptor.com.

In brief: Certain

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The majority oif chin augmenattions are done with a chin implant and it is an easy thing to undo by simple opening the incision and taking out the implant.
www.beautybybrueck.com.

In brief: The

www.beautybybrueck.com.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck