When should I expect to get my period? I took Plan B about over a month ago and my period is a week late. All pregnancy tests are negative and I have no symptoms. I had spotting about 5 days after i took Plan B and i took it the day after my period. I alw

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: One

One of the most common side effects of taking Plan B is an irregular menstrual cycle or missed period in the month after the dose.
Most women's menstrual cycles will return to normal in another month or two. Since you have a history of irregular periods, this may not necessarily be the case for you. If you are concerned about your irregular cycles, you should give your doctor a call. A great way to regulate a menstrual cycle and protect against pregnancy is to use a birth control pill - you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

In brief: One

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham