I have a clumpy white discharge towards my cycle the discharge changes to a clear and fishy smell what does that mean? I always use protection when having sex but i don't always change my pad regularly when on my cycle.

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Your

Your symptoms are concerning for an infection, most likely a non-sexually transmitted infection.
Women can get vaginitis that is not always sexually transmitted. Please have cultures taken and you may need to be on medication for this. If you developed pain, fever, or vomiting then you would have to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Your

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy