Should I get medical help for headaches that have been getting worse over time that are always in the same spot? I have been getting headaches that have been getting worse over the last couple of years. They are always in the area around my left temple an

Headaches . Headaches and their causes can be complicated, difficult diagnoses to make. Since you have mentioned that they are worsening and almost daily, you should make an appointment with your doctor for a complete evaluation as soon as possible. You doctor will take a thorough history and do a neurological evaluation to try and find out what is causing your symptoms. First of all, it is important to rule out any dangerous causes of headache such as a tumor, high blood pressure, or vascular disease. Second of all, depending on the cause of your headache, there are many treatment options available to treat and prevent them. You may want to think about the answers to some of the questions they may ask you such as: - when did it start? - how often do they happen? - are they getting more frequent or more painful? - how long do they last? - what does the headache feel like and can you point to it? - does it occur around the same time at night or does it ever happen during the day? - what other symptoms do you have and when do they occur in regards to the headache? - have you had any big life changes? - how is your lifestyle? Are you getting enough sleep, eating well, exercising? - are you taking any medications? Do you drink caffeine and how much? Answering these questions may help your doctor figure out what is causing your headaches, whether it is a serious problem or not, and how to help you. Since you do not have insurance, talk to the office staff of your doctor when you make the appointment. Many of them have special discounts if you pay up front or payment plans for those without insurance. Good luck!