What is wrong with my ankle? Rolled my ankle over a year ago and it was slightly swollen for a day. I wrapped it and the swelling went down. A few days after that is started hurting again and it hasn't stopped since. It is a deep pain in my ankle and it h

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: You

You may have torn a ligament.
Ligaments don't show up on routine x-rays, so the only way to "see" them is by having an MRI of your ankle. Unlike bone, ligaments receive a poor blood supply, so they take a long time to heal. If you have a little tear and have been walking around all this time on it, that could explain why you're still having a problem. I would encourage you to get an MRI and see what's going on with your ligaments. Good luck!

In brief: You

You may have torn a ligament.
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine