My sons ear tubes are falling out what should I do he has had the tubes for over a year

Dr. Dale Tylor
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Nothing if not probs

Tubes last 6 months to 2 years.
Then they fall out. Some kids have had enough time in the period with tubes to grow out of the issues and others haven't- the latter group may possibly need another set. This will depend on the development of new infections or new persistent fluid or hearing loss. Most kids only need one set, though.

In brief: Nothing if not probs

Tubes last 6 months to 2 years.
Dr. Dale Tylor
Dr. Dale Tylor

In brief: Hello.

Hello. Not to worry, short-term tubes are usually in place for 6 to 12 months before they fall out.
I would let your doctor know. He or she can insure that the holes close up correctly and that the condition they were initially put in for has resolved.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Cindy Juster