I been trying to get pregnat for 3 years but i can't I have my period every month what should I do I been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we want a baby but i can't get pregnat I am scared because it has been a really long time i don't know what's wrong

Dr. Said Daneshmand
Fertility Medicine

In brief: I

I know this can be very frustrating but help is available.
I would advise you to see an infertility specialist. This specialist will then order diagnostic tests to determine the cause of the problem. These tests include evaluation of the fallopian tubes, sperm analysis, evaluation of the uterus and egg quality.

In brief: I

Dr. Said Daneshmand
Dr. Said Daneshmand
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Infertility

Infertility is a frustrating problem but fortunately we are much more successful making a correct diagnosis and then applying a successful treatment.
Your history of 3 years of infertility is significant and indicates almost certainly some type of problem. You need an evaluation now. Here are some basics facts for you. I would like to offer several general comments about fertility potential. O we believe that the fertility rate averages about 20% per cycle (month) o if we start with 100 couples and each month 20% conceive then at the end of 12 months, 92% will be pregnant. We find that about 10-13% of the population will not be pregnant after 12 months of trying. O by 24 months or 2 years, then less than 1% of normal couples would not be pregnant o fertility rates in the us are about 147/1000 women at age 25-30 and they fall to 13/1000 women by age 40. So, don't delay too long. O we have tests to help us understand what is causing you to not get pregnant. O i believe that you need to get a diagnosis before we can even begin to have a discussion about treatment. O the wrong treatment can be costly and delay success. O you will need tests for ovulation, anatomy (uterus and tubes), egg quality and sperm quality. Why does ivf become part of the conversation at most clinics? O most people believe that ivf is the last treatment that they would ever consider but that has really changed in the last 10 years. O ivf is actually the most successful treatment that we have - hands down. O young women succeed with ivf about half the time nationally but many clinics offer success rates over 60% per try o ivf is not always needed o ivf is not the most expensive treatment in many cases. You can spend more money on low success rate treatments in an effort to avoid ivf. O we can often provide "refund guarantee" financing for ivf; which means that if you do not have a live baby then you will get a refund of most of your money! infertility summary: o get tested by a fertility specialist o pick the most costs effective treatment that you can afford o the younger you are when you are treated the more likely the treatment will work o do not be afraid of ivf, if you need it then the treatment can be very successful and less expensive than other treatments and faster. I hope this brief summary helps, good luck.

In brief: Infertility

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Adam Levy